Setting up the Internet Connection Wizard
Upon running Internet Connection Wizard, you will be presented with three options.
Select I want to setup my Internet connection manually.
- Click Next to continue the setup.
Note: If you already have your computer configured previously for Internet access, you may wish to skip the Internet Connection Wizard by choosing Cancel.
Check the box that says Do not show the Internet Connection wizard in the future; and click Yes. You can then skip the rest of this section.;
- On the next window, you will be asked how you connect to the Internet.
Select I connect through a phone line and a modem. Click Next.
By default, Windows might not have all the necessary files installed on your computer. You may see a window that says, "Windows will now install files and drivers that you need to access the Internet." Click OK to proceed. You may also be asked to insert your Windows CD-ROM. If not then continue to the next step.
- Note: During the file copy, if you are prompted to keep a newer version of a file, please do so.
Additionally, if your modem was not setup fully, you might get a window asking you for location information. For What Country are you in now?, select Australia by clicking the little triangle on the far right side of the selection box, and then left selecting Australia Under City Code, type in your telephone area code. Also, if you need to dial a number before accessing an outside line, type that number in the corresponding field. Click OK to continue.
- In the Internet account connection information screen, you will need to type in the number to which you will be connecting. The number is 9631 1000
- You will now be prompted for your User name and Password, type both in. Your User name is the first word in your email address before the '@' sign
(email@example.com). Click Next to continue.
- You are now asked to specify a Connection Name. Type in
- Click Next to continue.
- The setup is now complete.
Check for Dialer DNS setting
On the desktop, double click the icon called My Computer.
- In the My Computer folder, double click the icon called Dial-Up
Highlight the Cosmos Internet icon you just created by clicking on it once. From the File menu, select Properties.
- Click on the button labelled Server Type.
Important Note: If you do not see a button labelled Server Type, look
near the top of the window; you should see three or four tabs. Click on the Server
- Only TCP/IP should be checked. If there are any other boxes checked, click on the box to uncheck them.
- Click onto the TCP/IP Settings button.
- Server Assigned IP address should be checked.
- Specify Name Server Address should be checked and you
will need to enter the primary and secondary DNS numbers which are
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Uncheck IP header compression and check Use default gateway on remote network.
- Click Ok to exit this window. Click Ok again to save your
- On the desktop, click the icon called My Computer.
- Double click the icon Dial-Up Networking.
- Double click on the icon you created in the previous step. Enter your
username and password in the appropriate fields and click Connect.
- Note: Your username is not the same as your e-mail address; if your
e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your username is "joe". Note
also that usernames and passwords are case-sensitive..
- After you have successfully connected to Cosmos
Internet, a box labeled Connected to Cosmos Internet will appear.
- Minimize this box and start network applications such as Netscape or Eudora.
Newer versions of Windows 95/98 will minimize this window automatically, and a
new phone icon should appear in your System Tray (The indented area on the
right-hand side of the taskbar.)
- To disconnect, click on the New phone icon button on your Task Bar; and click Disconnect.
In newer versions of Windows 95/98, double-click the phone icon in the System Tray.
The Dial-Up Properties window will appear. Click the Hang Up button